It's Time to RALLY!!!
What's in RALLY?
Herbalism is all about the balancing energetics of herbs to meet the needs of the person taking them. A person with a hot constitution taking a heating herb daily because they heard it might be good for them isn't going to do much good at all (stay tuned for a post on understanding your constitution later!).
Well-balanced formulas, like the blends we create, are geared towards meeting the needs of the general population. RALLY is a blend we've been tinkering with for a while. As expert coffee drinkers and bonified herb nerds, we experiment with putting herbs in our coffee on the regular.
In time, we found the perfect formula of nutty, sweet roots, simultaneously uplifting and calming adaptogens, and flavorful digestive aids to make for an unforgettable cup of coffee. Adding RALLY to our coffee has elevated a mundane daily routine into a morning ritual with the power to sustain all day long. I even carry a little jar of it in my purse to top of my coffee when I'm out and about.
The Herbs in RALLY
Shatavari, Asparagus racemosus
A sweet, slightly bitter, warming and moistening root used as a medicinal food in Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India. It soothes the lining of your entire gastrointestinal tract, reinvigorates dried tissue, enhances your ability to respond to stress, and supports immunity. It is also a well-known aphrodisiac.
Red Reishi, Ganoderma lucidum
A cherished heart and immune tonic in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It is fondly called the "Mushroom of Immortality" for its restorative qualities. Reishi is slightly sweet, bitter, pungent, and warming. It is an effective antioxidant and immune tonic, increasing or decreasing immune response depending on the individual (amphoteric). It supports healthy blood composition and nourishes the liver.
Ashwagandha, Withania somnifera
A slightly bitter, warm, and drying root used as a medicinal food in Ayurveda. It calms while also enhancing focus and mental and physical performance. Affectionately called "Sweat of the Stallion", it is known to invigorate and balance hormones. It's also a nerve calming nervine and immune-amphoteric.
Dandelion, Taraxacum officinale
Dandelion root has been used for ages to improves digestion from the stomach to colon. It is another Aster family plant rich with prebiotics that feed healthy gut flora. Dandelion root is a liver and gallbladder tonic, improving the quality of bile for better fat digestion and enhancing detoxification pathways.
Chicory, Intybus cichorium
A sweet, bitter, warming, and nutritious native root once used as a coffee supplement. As an Aster, Chicory is a prebiotic rich with inulin which feeds good gut flora. Chicory is known to enhance digestion and colon health. It is also known to support healthy blood composition.
Digestive, Flavorful Spices
Ceylon Cinnamon, Cinnamomum verum
A sweet, bitter, warm, and nutritive spice. It is a well-known blood sugar stabilizer, circulatory tonic, and respiratory health agent. It soothes the entire gastrointestinal tract.
Cardamom, Elettaria cardamomum
An aromatic, warm, and drying spice traditionally added to coffee in Ayurveda. It is carminative (dispels gas), alleviates stagnation throughout the body, and freshens breath.
How to Drink RALLY
The beauty of adding balanced adaptogens, blood-sugar stabilizers, and digestive aids to your coffee is threefold:
1. Your energy is sustained all day - by nourishing your adrenals, those tiny glands taxed with the huge responsibility of generating stress hormones, adaptogens can keep you from meeting that dreaded 3 o'clock crash. Blood-sugar stabilizers slow down the sometimes topsy turvy effects of caffeine. Drinking RALLY coffee with a fat also sustains the energy high much longer than drinking coffee straight.
2.RALLY may reduces the common ill effects of coffee-drinking like indigestion, reflux, and jitters - Our digestive herbs like Dandelion, Chicory, and Cardamom support digestion and foster an environment of good gut flora - soooo essential for overall health.
3. It's easy! You don't have to go out of your way to incorporate powerful, immune-boosting, stress-relieving herbs into your busy life - simply add a small scoop of RALLY to your morning cup!*
Recipe for the Ultimate RALLY Cup of Coffee
1. We like to choose a darker roast - both for the taste and smaller amount of caffeine.
2. Always use 100% Arabica, shade-grown beans. Not only do they taste better, but shade-grown mimics the natural way coffee grows beneath the forest canopy.
3. Try to pair your coffee with a fat like coconut oil, grass-fed butter ghee, or cream. The fat not only unlocks some of the constituents in the herbs but also slows the absorption of caffeine and mitigates the "acid-stomach" feeling some coffee-drinkers experience. You can go a step beyond and add a scoop of collagen for an added creamy, protein punch.
4. Mix 1/2 tsp RALLY, 1 scoop collagen, and a 1/2 tsp coconut oil and/or splash of your favorite creamer into 1 cup of hot coffee. Blend for a few seconds in a blender or use the incredible hand frother to incorporate the fat and herbs into your coffee. Sip slowly and enjoy thoroughly!
* Adaptogens are described as tonic herbs, meaning they work best when taken regularly as the benefits slowly build over time. It is wise to discontinue any tonic herb routine when dealing with an acute infection - shifting the focus to acute herbs like diaphoretics and antivirals!
Panossian, A. G. (2003). Adaptogens: tonic herbs for fatigue and stress. Alternative & Complementary Therapies, 9(6), 327-331.
Wagner, H., Nörr, H., & Winterhoff, H. (1994). Plant adaptogens. Phytomedicine, 1(1), 63-76.
Winston, D., & Maimes, S. (2007). Adaptogens: herbs for strength, stamina, and stress relief. Inner Traditions/Bear & Co.
11/2/2019 09:14:02 am
3/27/2020 08:16:45 pm
Good Day everyone out there, I'm here to give my testimony about a
3/22/2020 03:56:35 pm
I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor ehiaguna who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc ehiaguna email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through email@example.com and also WhatsApp him +2348073908953... And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer ETC
4/16/2020 01:31:49 pm
Am really grateful and thankful for what @dr_asha has done for me. I Was having HERPES for good three years with no solution, the disease almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication,but one faithful day when when I went online, I met lots of testimony about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my disease and am so happy and so pleased to write about him today. if you need his help or you want way I got mine, just email him below: @drashaosemudiamen or WhatsApp, +2347052021645 and get your healing. He has cure for other deadly disease like Diabetes Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis of all type of cance
Comments are closed.
Eileen Brantley & Amy Wright
We are Herb Girls Athens, LLC. Read our blog!
Currently we operate as an online business!